Players from the Spanish and English top divisions dominate the final XI, with Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappé and Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo the only players based elsewhere. The Portuguese was included for a record 13th time after helping his former club Real Madrid CF to a third consecutive UEFA Champions League title in Kyiv in May.
Ronaldo’s former Real Madrid team-mate Luka Modrić, who also starred as Croatia reached the FIFA World Cup final, received the most votes with 115,440. For a third successive year, Madrid have the most players in the team with five.
FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi makes his tenth appearance in the XI, while Madrid defender Sergio Ramos is included for the seventh consecutive time.
Almost two million votes were cast exclusively by users registered with UEFA.com during the course of the campaign.
The line-up is based on a 4-3-3 formation, which was by far the most popular system chosen by fans during the voting process with 100,498 selections.
The UEFA.com fans’ Team of the Year 2018:
• Marc-André ter Stegen (FC Barcelona & Germany)
• Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid CF & Spain)
• Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool FC & Netherlands)
• Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid CF & France)
• Marcelo (Real Madrid CF & Brazil)
• N’Golo Kanté (Chelsea FC & France)
• Luka Modrić (Real Madrid CF & Croatia)
• Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC & Belgium)
• Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain & France)
• Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid CF/Juventus & Portugal)
• Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona & Argentina)